Twizzler's Magic

Twizzler's Magic
Sarah and her first horse

Saturday, November 27, 2010

No Longer Searching

After seeing the weather last weekend and seeing the weather now...thank God we went last weekend as hairy as it was.  It is a winter wonderland right now.  I have had the reality of hauling water out to Rosie twice a day, and feeding her.  I can can honestly say, even as bad as the weather has gotten and as deep as the snow that I have been trudging through.....I am loving life!

I believe that I have been totally blessed in this life. I have a wonderful husband, two great kids and a great job along with many great friends and extended family.  But, a lot of people do not realize what a life altering change this new journey has been for me. I am no longer a couch potato.  I actually get out there and shovel while I'm coming in from the pasture.  I would have never done that before.  I am still domestically challenged..but I hope to improve on that as well. I may not be getting anywhere near to a size 5 soon (since I haven't been there since I was 10) but I am able to do things I haven't been able to in a long time due to two curly haired horses named Rosie and Twizzler.  This is I was searching for in my life.  I absolutely love being greeted at the gate.  I am learning so much every day and yes, I will make mistakes and drive people insane with my stupid questions.  I just hope they put up with me through all of them.  Hopefully, one day I can be a resource for others.  

We found out a lot about Rosie and her background.  She came from California (please don't hold that against her) from Penny Johnson 6 years ago.  Penny just happens to be the same lady that I met from Bonners Ferry (she moved a few years back) and we considered one of her wonderful horses, but he wasn't old enough for what we wanted.  Now, Penny bred Rosie to a horse name KC Prince Charles and the result was a horse named Penny's Crystal.  The owner of Penny's Crystal lives in Colville, WA.  Her horse GF Rockette and Penny's Crystal crossed our path in our journey to find the "right" horse.  It truly is a small world especially in the curly world.



We will continue on our journey and I hope to one day have Greg into it as much as we are.  He is making baby steps and I am proud of each and every one of them.  Yes, I was blessed before...but am totally blessed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment